Sunday, January 19, 2020

Who am I?

Longana, Pheonix "Painting of Mermaid"
image property of blog author
Pheonix: In Ancient Greek folklore, a phoenix is a long-lived bird that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. (Wikipedia)

Longana: A legendary female aquatic creature depicted as intelligent and beautiful with inferior limbs of a goat. The Longana appear in legends of the people living in Cadore, Italy. (Wikipedia, Europe is not Dead)


Who am I?

I am a woman who is working to create a better life for herself and her children.

I am a single mother of two beautiful - intelligent daughters. I strive to be the best role model for them.

I am a student. I have returned to school to obtain my Masters to further my career.

I am an artist. I am lucky enough to be able to use my creativity in my job – at least digitally.

I am a woman rising from the ashes of a domestic abuse marriage. Silent for so long – I will be using this platform to push myself in continuous improvement.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Pheonix. Thank you for the explanation for your name. You mention you are an artist- is the picture you have in your introduction one you produced? You also mention using creativity digitally in your job. What is your job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! The picture is a painting I created a few weeks ago at a child's birthday party. The theme was paint and sip (with juice instead of wine to make it kid friendly). The birthday girl loved mermaids, so I quickly sketched it out and painted it for her.

      My job involves communications. I handle PR, social media, and websites for several companies that are all under one umbrella.

      Delete